Congresswoman Lauren Underwood Wants To Push Shirley Chisholm’s Legacy Forward

Here is a really cool interview I found with Rep. Lauren Underwood talking about how she learned a lot and was deeply inspired by Shirley Chisolm. While we were watching the film about Chisolm in class, I found myself wondering “how well would she do if she ran in the 2020 election. While I’m not saying that Rep. Lauren Underwood is exactly like Chisolm, it is interesting to see how Chisolm’s influence and legacy carries on in present politics.

One Reply to “Congresswoman Lauren Underwood Wants To Push Shirley Chisholm’s Legacy Forward”

1. The Legacy of Lauren Underwood will be a great addition to the work of Women in Politics. But as a black women her universal support is necessary of the Black Community, because as a community many blacks say we need more examples that are not rappers or athletes. Though, once we get someone we are normally hypercritical of the person during the moment then grow to appreciate them later. When retrospect thinking is just a missed opportunity. I believe that we are beyond having to need examples of people who tried. We need to more towards supporting those along their journey. With current day politician we are at the point were the entire system needs to be turned on this head. re-elections and elections of like-minded candidates do no move this nation forward. We have checks and balances for a reason but we need more representation at the important; meetings, conference, summits, dinners, counsels, etc.
    -Antonio Bailey